Latest GST News, Information, Notifications & Announcements
Introduction: Recently through news and update section GST department has clarified some the matters like, auto population of GSTR-3B, due dates for GSTR-3B. In this article we will cover both the updates in detail.
System Generated GSTR-3B
It has been the system that GSTN portal shows an auto populated statement GSTR-2A which shows the invoice which has been generated under the name of and number of assessee (assessee being a buyer). This was helpful to user in manner that it allows to decides assessee that from all the invoices shown under GSTR-2A which are the invoice for which he will be eligible to get the credit. Now GST portal has extended this facility and now it will provide system generated GST-3B. After this assessee will be able to get auto generated figures under system generated GSTR-3B which will be based on GSTR-1 filed by assessee and GSTR-2A generated for the assessee.
But it shall be noted that this facility will not be able for assessee who have opted for quarterly return filing (GSTR-1).
- This facility will be available for normal taxpayer and also for SEZ Developer, SEZ unit and casual taxpayer and it will be available from October, 2020 tax period onwards.
- Assessee can see their system generated PDF through GST Portal > Returns Dashboard > Select Return period > GSTR-3B> System Generated 3B.
Due date of GSTR-3B
It had been since long that government was providing extension of due dates and was allowing the assessee with extra time limit to file the return. Now it has been decided by the government that no extension will be provided for due dates of GSTR-3B for the month of October, 2020 to March, 2021.
Due date according to turnover of assessee in previous financial year for the period starting from October, 2020 to March, 2021 shall be as follows:
- In case if turnover of assessee is exceeding Rs. 5 Crore in previous financial year than in that case due date will be 20th of following month.
- In case if turnover of assessee is less than Rs. 5 Crore in previous financial year than in that case due date will be 22th of following month for the state of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the Union territories of Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
- For other states being Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha, the Union territories of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Chandigarh and Delhi; due date will be 24th of following month.